Sunday, 19 July 2009

Bye, I'm off to Paradise!

Sorry readers but I'm off on a girlie getaway with some mateys!

Advantages: SUN, SEA, SURF, SAND, GORGEOUS FOOD, GORGEOUS GUYS, what more can a girl want, but believe it or not there are some disadvangtages!

Disadvantages: No internet connection = No Blogging.

I'm so sorry, wanted to keep you all updated on my holiday wear while I was away but I am literally going to shut myself off, yes, no Blackberry therefore no Internet. This week will be a good chance for me to completely relax.

So, you won't be hearing from me in over a week now but I've given you a huge HUNK of a post here so hopefully it will last and keep commenting me, thanks for them all btw, I also get back to you and my blogroll is slowly but surely ever increasing thanks to all you lovely people out there who enjoy reading my blog.

I'm really going to find it difficult not blogging [almost] every day, is that sad? I guess I may have the symptoms of a blogging addiction!

But, you can be sure that as soon as I get back from Paradise (well, maybe I won't return! I WISH!) There'll be reams and reams AND REAMS of outfit pics for you all. I will make sure that I take them everyday and I'll probs be wearing more than one outfit a day.

I'll get my mateys to take the piccies, they might think I'm rather wierd (none of them no that I have blog) but it has to be done!

So, the pics below are what I'm wearing out today, despite the rain I felt like hearing Platform Mules, am I crazy?!? It's a plain and simple outfit as I wanted ALL the attention on my shoes, it's the second time I've worn them and they're surprisingly comfy! I do get some wierd looks but HEY HO!

What I'm Wearing: Pink Topshop Heels, White Whistles Tee, Topshop Ripped Jeans







Just to keep y'all busy while I'm off in Paradise (finally I can get away from dreary old England) I've got two Featured Fashion Bloggers for you. Check them out while I'm away!

Blogger No.1: In An English Accent





Why did you decide to start a blog?
I have recently become very interested in fashion, both personal style and just fashion in general, so I thought a blog would be a great way to express that. My blog isn't all fashion though, sometimes I just use it to tell people about my day!
What message do you hope to send out with your blog?
That there's NO need to spend a lot on clothing to have style. I like to sew a lot of things, and many clothes I buy are either vintage, from charity shops or in sales!
How would you describe your style?
It's quite basic and simple, but I like pops of patterns! And I think some things I wear are quite English, with a pinch of French!
Who are your fave designers, why?
I completely adore Stella McCartney; her clothes are wearable, sexy and simple. Plus, she's British!Also, I love a lot of Marc by Marc Jacobs, and the other day when I was window shopping in Harrods, I feel in love with Miu Miu shoes. I want to collect them!
Who inspires your style?
People on the streets mainly; from the people on street style blogs like Style and the City to the girls I see walking around Covent Garden. I like what real people wear, as they're more likely to have the same amount of money and the occasions to wear their outfits, whereas what celebrities wear is often unrealistic.
What do you do when your not blogging?
Right now, school work! But when I'm not up to my eyeballs with essays, I enjoy sports (not competitively, just for fun!), sewing, reading, and being with people. I do as much as I can to be with and help people at all times as I find them so interesting! Like, I volunteer at a charity shop, have parties, organise a children's church, do a lot of charity events, etc.
What are your fave blogs?
I adore Childhood Flames, I just wish I could pull of the things she does! Also, Toothpaste Lies, Sadie's Wardrobe, Glady's L, Almost Eiffel, My Fashion Square, and Glitter Pills... a lot really!
Do you have any advice for others wanting to start their own blog?
Don't try to copy other blogs as your's will end up just like anyother. If you want to put something on, then do! Try to make sures there is something on it which makes it memorable. And make sure the layout is good, it makes the blog look a lot more professional!
What are your fave places to shop?
Topshop! Topshop! Topshop! I'm obsessed! Also, Zara and this local vintage store called Cow. Oh, and the charity shop I work in!
What trends inspire you this season?
I don't really get inspired by trends a huge much. I wear what I like, so if I see some clothes I like, I'll just wear them!
Finally, If you could be anyone living or dead who would you choose?
Kate Winslet; she's stunning, has an amazing accent, is talented, beautiful body, really sweet (my friend met her the other day in an organic supermarket and said she was lovely!) and has kissed so many hot guys (LEO!)or the Queen; she's done such amazing things for our country, and it could be so fun being her. She seems a lovely woman!
Blogger No.2: Introducing Zoey from Purple High Tops:
She has also interviewed me, check the interview out on her blog HERE!



Who are your fave designers, why?:
Coach,because it can always think of the fresh,new thing.
Who inspires your style?:
probably Teen vogue,and ads for juicy couture and Roxy.i also love Taylor swifts' style!
What do you do when your not blogging?:
I sing and write music with my cousins,for our band,"forest fire."
What are your fave blogs?:
self indulgent,of course :). also,i think college fashion gives good tips,and i also LOVE glitter-pills.blogspot.com
Do you have any advice for others wanting to start their own blog?:
BE YOURSELF! who knows,maybe people will love reading your recipes for spaghetti pizza!
What are your fave places to shop?:
Although a bit sterotypical, abercrombie. they have really nice quality pieces, and has really classic,pretty things. And,target. that's where i go when i want to try out a new trend,beacause if i'm not happy with it,i did'nt waste myself 50 bucks.
What trends inspire you this season?:
FRINGE! i love any hippie-esque pieces.
If you could be anyone living or dead who would you choose?:
Probably any designer, sitting in an office drawing up new ideas seems like heaven to me.
What message do you hope to send out with your blog?:
I try to put pictures of different fashion muses, and different or new styles. the point: unique=chic!


Here's some Mary-Kate and Ashley inspirational photos if those two blogs aren't enough to keep you going while I'm gone!










I'll miss you all and blogging but I'll be back sooner than you know. I hope this post keeps you busy. Once again, thank you all for reading my blog and leaving your comments. Keep commenting while I'm away and I'll get back to you as soon as I land back in reality land, shame it ever has to happen!
xx

23 comments:

thischicksgotstyle said...

Thanks for your sweet comment and have a fantastic time!!

x!

Mia said...

I love the photos of MK and ash!

aindrea//fashionista du jour said...

love the shoes!
totally wanted to get them but the rents objected.
sad face :(
definitely want to exchange links!
putting yours up now :)
wouldn't mind being featured either ;)

miss jordan. said...

Aw. I will miss your blogging. But have a fabulous time there! :)

la petite fashionista said...

would love to trade links! love your blog and all the awesome pictures. (and those pink shoes!!) have a fantastic trip :)

CMA said...

this post is so big! so much information, but you managed it well
beautiful inspiration
loving your pink shoes!!!
olsens pictures are great inspiration as well
some of those pictures are from their book, influence
its great!

-cma
check out my blog @
cosmicaroline.blogspot.com

Glamour Bbey said...

Lovely outfits! I love the pink heels that you are wearing xx

zoey said...

thank you for featuring me on your blog! keep on following and commenting on mine!

chicmuse said...

big post. great ones. like it
kiss



Chicmuse
http://thechicmuse.blogspot.com

chicmuse said...

and what a header

coco said...

I cannot wait for Ashley's HB cover next month.

Mia said...

Hey thanks for your comment!
Yes, I love to exchange links with you!

Kashaya said...

Hope you had a lovely time!=) Really love your pink shoes.

[LA] said...

THE PINK SHOES ARE TDF!!!



GREAT OLSEN PICS! I LOVE THESE GIRLS! haha








lainarollercoaster.blogspot.com

F Blog said...

great photos!!

Lily said...

I would be more than delighted to trade links with you..I've just added you there! Have an amazing holiday..I adore those topshop hot pink platforms btw!xx

Sharlo said...

like itt

Miranda said...

hope you're having fun in paradise!
you've such a lovely blog :)
loving your topshop heels

[ RD ]Pictures ;Memorys. said...

Awesome blog!
I am in Love with those shoes gurl!!
Have fun in Paradise! lol

Pretty please check out my blog at:
http://razzle2dazzle.blogspot.com/

Toodles!!

feather hunter said...

sweet post! xxx

Jessica said...

loveeeeeee ur pink shoes!!! ^^

Deanna said...

First, AMAZING shoes!
Second, great interviews.
Last, you have a wonderful and lovely blog.

Annie said...

Those pink shoes are incredible! I love the tee as well, it looks so slouchy and comfortable.